Monday, December 9, 2013

Observations: Controller Shake

We upgraded to the WiiU from the Wii in preparation for Swap Force, and in general as the Wii is an older system. One thing we've noticed is the change in opening treasure chests and doors. Without my prompting, my son commented that he misses the Wii remote shake used to open these items in Giants and SSA. I have to agree! It was fun, adding some energy to the game. I really had a smooth and efficient wrist twist and flip to insert and turn the keys to open doors. Come to think of it, I really miss that!! Lol.
Anyway, I understand keeping that feature would likely have been responsible for countless WiiU Gamepads hurling through the air, impacting the skulls of many a younger brother, sister or parent!! Not to mention the cost of replacement Gamepads. However, we have played Swap Force on WiiU with the standard controllers and, sadly, they have removed the feature when using those too-:(
I have an idea...why not give you the option for both ?!? Yeah! 
With the recent announcement of "Skylanders 4" in development, hope springs eternal!!!

Dark Washbuckler arrives via the WiiU Gamepad

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lightcore

The Lightcore
Click On the banner or on the slideshow to the right to see the photos

Earth Element Island

Earth Element Island
This is the wall hanging display I created for our Skylanders. It displays the (then) 8 Earth Element Skylanders in our collection. I am working on an island for each of the 8 elements.