Friday, June 21, 2013

Here is the final version of the Earth Element Island. Its ready for wall hanging and Skylanders figures. I set it up outside to take some pictures in full light. and to document how it came out. (also to have comparison pictures for how it takes the wear and tear of use).
They turned out excellent. The picture at the top of the blog came from this shoot and was not touched up in any way. (with the exception of being rotated and an identification logo added) The blue sky in the background is just that: regular blue sky. My wife said it almost looks fake!! lol.
I cut the island away from its background and posted a full shot of it above.
I have been considering how to proceed from here and I think I will be gathering some of the "concept art" and pictures I took during construction to present the process in a step by step way. As I moved from the idea to making it a reality, I had to brush off old skills far out of use (soldering for one...YES! soldering!!) and research a whole bunch of methods requiring skill sets I have NEVER had (painting realistic rock for starters). "YouTube" turned out to be my classroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lightcore

The Lightcore
Click On the banner or on the slideshow to the right to see the photos

Earth Element Island

Earth Element Island
This is the wall hanging display I created for our Skylanders. It displays the (then) 8 Earth Element Skylanders in our collection. I am working on an island for each of the 8 elements.